Monday, February 27, 2012

Softball Opening Day

This weekend were the opening ceremonies and first game for Brinley's first softball season. We have been practicing for a month (and I do mean we, I was talked into coaching the team!).  The day was cold and rainy, but the girls were very excited and won the spirit award for our age group by screaming the loudest.  They had moonwalks, sno-cones, popcorn, hot dogs and prizes for the kids. 
My little softball player

My team, the Pink Panthers

Our first game was pretty miserable! It started to rain 5 minutes in and continued throughout the entire game! The girls were cold, wet and having a hard time hitting the ball.  We lost the game 4-1
 :-(
Brinley getting the first hit of the game (she was also the first and only run scored!)

Listening to me on third base (I wish she was this attentive at home!)

Clayton and Austin enjoying free treats at the ballpark

We had a good day and look forward to our next game (tonight), where hopefully we will hit like we have been hitting in practice!!!

0 comments: