Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Our Halloween celebrations started on Friday this year.  Brinley wore her costume to school to participate in the storybook parade.  That evening, we went back to school (actually I never left since I was up there decorating and setting up) for the Monster Mash dance.  The kids had fun dancing to the music and trying crazy food like zombie boogers (chickpeas), rat droppings (raisins), vampires blood (V8 juice) and zombie brains (crushed pineapple) as part of the fear factor booths.
 
Brinley and Clayton with our neighbors at Monster Mash 

Saturday, after soccer games in the morning, was our only chance to carve pumpkins.  The kids had a great time picking out the gooey part of the pumpkin. This year, the kids opted to pick out a pre-designed template and for daddy to carve them verses them drawing and cutting out the pumpkins themselves.  So, we then collected all the seeds and I toasted the seeds with a yummy recipe I made from pinterest.   


Saturday night was our church Halloween carnival, so the Walker's joined us! For only $10, we played all the games and ate lots of yummy food.

Austin, Clayton, Addison, and Brinley

The kids wore their spooky shirts on Halloween
Halloween night, the kids put on their costumes and were ready to trick or treat! Jason had worn his costume to work, so the kids begged him to wear his costume.  He took them trick or treating around our circle.
Jason then took over candy duty while I took the kids (along with the our neighbors) to the next circle over from us.  This circle was hopping with trick or treaters and we ran into many friends from school.

At one point, Clayton was stopped going up to the doors because he was tired.  I found him like this...
Me and my babies

Halloween was a great success and I am glad it is over! I think Halloween should be celebrated the last Saturday of the month to prevent this week long of celebrating with it being in the middle of the week! Regardless, the kids had a great time!!!!!

0 comments: