While walking back to my car after picking Brinley up from school on February 4th, I stepped off a curb wrong and my heard my ankle go POP! The pain was excruciating!!! I did my best to get the car and drive Brinley to dance (thank goodness it wasn't my driving foot). I left with kids with my friend so I could go to Urgent care. The pain was getting worse and I was sweating badly due to the pain. Once I got there, I took off my tennis shoe to find this....
X-rays showed I had a small chip fracture below my ankle. The gave me a walking boot (after I told them I did not have time for a cast and crutches) to wear for the next month. The first week was pretty painful and I could only do minimal walking on it. I stopped wearing the boot last week (beginning of March) and it gets better daily. I wear a brace for softball practice/games or anytime I will be doing a lot of walking, but mostly I can walk without anything on it.
Healing in your 30's is not fun at all! What would have been a sprain in my 20's is now a fracture in my 30's. Getting old stinks!!!!!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment