Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kylie's wedding and visit with the Lipsey's

Well life is somewhat getting back to normal around here. I still find myself surprised to pull up to a store that I need something at and it still be closed due to Ike damage. But for the most part, things are back up and running. Brinley starts back to MDO on Tuesday as do most of the school districts, so I think that will bring the normalcy to our lives again. My poor parents still do not have power and are being told it could be until October 8 until they get it. But they have a generator, small room air conditioner and FEMA delivering them lunch and dinner. (FYI, my brother and I have offered millions of times for them to stay with us, but they keep saying no!!) My mom does come over to my house every few days to do laundry and enjoy the AC and TV. I still haven't gotten the courage to drive past Kemah Boardwalk, our favorite waterfront area to eat and let Brinley play. I have cried just looking at the damage from pictures, so I don't think I could handle it in person!

As promised, here are the pictures from Kylie's wedding and our visit with the Lipseys! We had a great time while we were there. It was so much fun watching Brinley and Meredith play together. Hopefully they will grow up and have as many great memories as Rachel and I did! We look forward to seeing them in November when they come to visit us!

Kylie's wedding was beautiful and held by a creek. The weather was gorgeous and the rain held out long enough for the ceremony to be conducted. Once we got inside for the dinner it started to pour! I wish I could have enjoyed the wedding more, but my nerves were rattled worrying about what was going on at home and dealing with a two year old who had been in an airplane or car for the past two days!

Brinley and Meredith watching TV and eating snacks at the hotel
Kylie and Brett's ceremony by the creek
3 of 4 roommates- Wendi, Kylie and Me...we missed you Binns!
Meredith and Brinley posing on the Razorback

0 comments: