All my family survived Hurricane Ike with no injuries. All of our houses are standing. That is the good news. Bad news, our house lost all of our fence, most of our huge tree in the front yard and a leaky roof due to missing shingles. Jason said it was pretty scary listening to the 110 mph wind rip things apart. And he is very glad he boarded up the windows since the wind picked up our storage bench on the patio and blew it across the patio into our window! There is still no power and he is miserable surviving on frozen pizzas (he grilled on his BBQ grill), pickles, slim fast (he says for the nutrients) and ham sandwiches!
My brothers house was fine (which is where the rest of my family was hunkering down). My parents got to drive to Baytown yesterday and see their house. The lost a massive tree in their backyard, which flattened their gazebo, swing set, trampoline, and ripped the electric box off their house. It only missed their house by a foot! So as you can see, we have a lot to clean up. Thankfully, no major damage was done to the houses nor did any flooding occur.
I am sitting here in Arkansas waiting for the airport to open (maybe Tuesday, they are telling me) so I can get home. The wedding was beautiful, I just wished I could have enjoyed it more without worrying about what was going on at home. We are enjoying our time we are spending with the Lipsey's. Brinley and Meredith are playing and staying busy.
I will update with pictures when I get home and we get power, which hopefully will be soon!!!!
A few of my not-so-favorite-things
7 years ago
2 comments:
I'm glad you are safe with Rachel. I have been checking your blog every few hours anxiously awaiting news. I am so happy that your family is okay. I know you are ready to get home. Keep us posted on everything.
Glad you are safe! I checked on you through Amanda and Rachel and know you your progress to date..Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment